About the Clinic
The Surgery Clinic operates on a 24/7 basis. It provides scheduled and emergency care to Medicover patients who individually pay for the services. The clinic also offers treatment under the contract with the National Health Fund (within a defined scope).
The Surgery Clinic at Medicover Hospital is appreciated due to its modern surgical techniques, extensive knowledge and experience of the doctors and a wide range of services. We save lives and we fight pain.
The Surgery Clinic has been an integral part of Medicover Hospital for many years, providing our patients with access to the multi-disciplinary surgical care. Our medical staff consists solely of highly experienced doctors, anaesthetists, nurses, and scrub nurses. We offer our patients the best possible conditions, full safety of surgical procedures and exceptionally caring team of doctors and nurses.
As a private, multi-disciplinary hospital facility, we have the capacity to provide a full range of treatment. We operate our own laboratory and diagnostic centre, which enables us to perform, among other things, highly specialised non-invasive and diagnostic tests and examinations, endoscopy, imaging (X-ray, CT, MRI) and spirometry. It also allows our patients to undergo all tests and examinations at one place, without unnecessary waiting.
At the Surgery Clinic it is also possible to benefit from a comprehensive range of surgical treatment based on modern laparoscopic techniques – for instance, we treat our patients using a laparoscopy tower with 3D imaging, which increases precision and safety during the surgery and enables the use of fewer trocars, resulting in a better cosmetic effect of the procedure.
We also specialise in treatments incorporating solutions that minimise surgical trauma: radiofrequency (RF) and electrosurgery. Using these modern methods, we can offer our patients:
- a shorter hospital stay,
- a quicker return to normal physical activity (compared to the classic technique),
- a significant reduction in post-surgical pain, as well as
- a lower percentage of chronic pain and post-operative wound infections.
The services provided at the Surgery Clinic include complex procedures for difficult clinical cases as well as treatment of the most common diseases eligible for surgery (including cholelithiasis, hernias and rectal varices).
Our doctors specialise in surgeries for all types of hernias – at Medicover Hospital we perform around 250 procedures of this kind every year. During operations, we use mesh from renowned manufacturers, such as Dynamesh or Bard. We can also order any mesh available on the market to respond to our patients’ current needs. In addition, the mesh used for each procedure is selected individually for every patient, taking into account, for instance, their physical activity and whether they suffer from a primary or secondary hernia.
Scope of services
Doctors at the Surgery Clinic treat patients in the following areas:
- general surgery:
- hernia surgery
- removal of the thyroid gland
- surgery of rectal varices
- partial removal of the large intestine (hemilectomy)
- removal of a pilonidal cyst (sinus)
- oncological surgery
- surgical treatment of obesity:
- vascular surgery:
- minimally invasive surgery of varicose veins of the lower limbs
- surgery for carotid artery stenosis
- treatment of peripheral ischaemia and stenosis of cephalic vessels
- treatment of aortic and peripheral aneurysms
- minimally invasive treatment of cervical and lumbar discopathy.
The price list of services provided at Medicover Hospital is available HERE.
We also provide services under health insurance, including Henner, Bupa, MSH International, Euro Center, Tricare and GBG.
Medicover Hospital offers:
Perfect safety of the patients
- Intensive Care Unit with 16 beds
- round-the-clock care provided by the doctors of many specialties
- diagnostic imaging and laboratory diagnostics
- 24-hour emergency service
Modern standard of treatment
- the “Hospital Without Pain” certificate
- the quality management system (ISO:9001:2015)
- accreditation by the Ministry of Health
- surgeries assisted by the da Vinci robot
Experienced medical staff
- 350 doctors and 280 nurses
- multi-speciality care and consultations
- over 50,000 performed surgeries
We have a highly professional medical staff. All of our surgeons are versatile specialists with vast knowledge and extensive experience. As a result, we can ensure that the majority of complex surgeries are carried out in a safe way. We use the state-of-the-art technology for both diagnosis as well as the advanced treatment methods, such as laparoscopy, microendoscopy or angiography with the possibility of performing endovascular procedures.