The policy of using cookies on the websites of Medicover
(Medicover Sp. z o.o. and Medicover Försäkrings AB (publ.) Spółka Akcyjna).
Cookies are text files that are stored on the terminal appliance of the website user. They usually contain the name of the website from which they come from, the time of storage on the terminal appliance and a unique number.
Cookies used on Medicover websites do not store any personal data or other information collected from users.
In accordance with the standard practice of most websites, we store HTTP requests sent to our server. This means that we know public IP addresses from which users browse the information content of our website. Viewed content is identified by the URL address. Other things we know include:
- the time when the request is received,
- the time when the reply is sent,
- the URL address of the page previously visited by the user (referer link) – if the Medicover website was entered via a hyperlink,
- information about user’s browser.
These data are not associated with individual persons viewing Medicover websites. To ensure the highest quality of service, we occasionally analyse the log files to determine which pages are visited most frequently, what web browsers are used, whether the structure of the website contains any errors, etc.
Data is also collected for the following reasons:
- tailoring the content of advertisements broadcast on the site,
- measuring user traffic on websites using the Google Analytics code - more information about cookies in Google Analytics can be found at: https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=pl&ref_topic=1008008,
- conducting surveys on user preferences,
- measuring the effectiveness of campaigns conducted in Google’s advertising network,
- tailoring the content of advertisements broadcast via Google’s advertising network (remarketing).
The collected data are stored as auxiliary material used to administer the website. Information contained in it are not disclosed to persons other than those authorised to administer the Medicover server and network. On the basis of the log files, Medicover may generate statistics used to support website administration. Aggregated summaries in the form of those statistics do not include any data allowing for identification of visitors.
List of cookies used:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of medicover.pl/medistore.com.pl and cannot be switched off. They are only set in response to actions taken by the user, which amount to setting privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or warn you about these cookies, but some parts of the website will then not work properly.
These cookies allow the website to remember preferences and choices made by the user (e.g. default language, ability to autocomplete data, login to the website) or provide an extension of the functionality of the website. If these cookies are stored for the duration of the session, consent is not required for their collection. We may store these files additionally after the end of the session if we obtain your consent to do so.
These cookies collect data and information about how users use the website. For example, they may store information about which links are most frequently clicked on, which pages are visited. Their purpose is solely to improve the functionality of the website. These cookies will not be installed until we have obtained your consent to collect them.
These cookies track your activity on the internet. They transmit the data to advertisers or other organisations so that they can provide you with specific advertising. These cookies will not install unless we have your permission to collect them.
The lists of cookies presented above will be updated on an ongoing basis due to functional and technological changes to our services.
Processing of personal data in the collection of cookies:
Personal data of users of medicover.pl/medistore.com.pl will be processed through passive data collection using cookies for the following purposes:
- Necessary for the display and correct operation of the website, to ensure its functionality and security, e.g. to enable registration, logging in, logging out, sorting of displayed data, transmission of information, fulfilment of the legal obligation to provide information and to record the consents given through the settings selected by the user. The legal basis for the processing of data collected in connection with the use of such cookies is the performance of the Electronic Services Agreement (Article 6 (1)(b) RODO), as well as Medicover's legitimate interest related to the necessity of processing the data for the performance of the services and the provision of the relevant website functionalities (Article 6 (1)(f) RODO).
- Necessary to remember the user's preferences and choices (e.g. default language, ability to autocomplete data, login to the site) or to provide an extension of the site's functionality. These files will be stored for the duration of the session, in which case the legal basis for the processing of data collected in connection with the use of these types of cookies is the legitimate interest of Medicover, related to the necessity of processing the data for the provision of services and the provision of appropriate website functionality (Article 6 (1)(f) RODO). In the situation of leaving these types of cookies after the session has ended, the legal basis is the user's consent to do so (Article 6 (1)(a) RODO).
- Analytical and statistical for the purpose of collecting data and information about users' use of the website. For example, they may store information on which links are most frequently clicked on, which pages are visited. Their purpose is solely to improve the functionality of the website. The legal basis for processing data collected in connection with the use of such cookies is the user's consent (Article 6 (1)(a) RODO).
- Marketing by tracking user activity on the Internet in order to transmit data to advertisers or other organisations for the purpose of displaying certain advertisements to users (for more information, see Cookies of third-party providers). The legal basis for the processing of data collected in connection with the use of such cookies is the user's consent (Article 6 (1)(a) RODO).
The website uses Google Analytics for the purpose of analysing website views, provided by Google Ireland Ltd. (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) and Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94040 USA) (hereinafter "Google"). For this purpose, cookies are installed on the user's device, which collect data such as: browser and device information, IP address, web pages visited and date and time of the server enquiry in order to evaluate the user's use of the website, to compile reports on activity on the Medicover website as the website operator and to provide other services related to website activity and Internet use to the website operator.
The website operates on the basis of IP address anonymization. This means that Google truncates (truncates the last eight digits of the IP address), i.e. anonymises IP addresses originating from countries in the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted, which is only anonymised on Google servers in the USA.
Google, on behalf of Medicover, will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to create reports on website traffic for website operators and to provide other services related to website traffic and internet usage. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data stored by Google.
The information generated by the cookies on your use of the website is transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the USA. It should be noted that the USA does not guarantee an adequate level of data protection on the same level as the EU countries, hence, in order to ensure adequate data protection, Medicover, for the purpose of implementing the contract for Google Analytics services, has entered into an agreement with Google, taking into account the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data to third countries adopted by a decision of the European Commission.
In order to stop accepting cookies, you have to change settings of your browser so that it refuses or removes specific cookies. The following links contain information on how to adjust those settings in commonly used browsers:
Note: Please note that some website features may not work if you block cookies.
Should any changes be made to the existing policy, they will be introduced by means of amending the foregoing.