At the Cardiac Surgery Department, we perform the full scope of cardiac surgeries in adults. An experienced team of specialist cardiac surgeons supported by a team of licenced perfusionists, scrub nurses, nurses, and rehabilitation specialists, as well as modern methods of operation treatment, are a guarantee of the utmost quality of the services provided by our Department.
Treatment includes qualification and preparation for surgery, the operation procedure, and post-operative treatment with rehabilitation until the patient is discharged home.
The Department provides services contracted by the National Health Fund (NFZ) and operates a 24/7 cardiac emergency unit.
The procedures include:
- Coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction complication treatment (so-called bypasses)
- Treatment of acquired heart diseases, including the use of low-invasive methods: repair and replacement of the mitral valve, the aortic valve, and the tricuspid valve
- Ascending aorta and aortic arch aneurysm surgeries
- Treatment of thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism
- Operative treatment of congenital diseases
- Pericardial disease treatment
- Cardiac neoplasm treatment
The Cardiac Surgery Department is a leading centre in Poland where thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension is treated.