Medicover Hospital stands out against other private hospitals – it is not only comfortable, but also fully safe for newborn babies. We provide them with 24-hour neonatal care in a well-equipped Ward. If there are any complications during the labour, there is no need to transfer young patients to another facility. We have comprehensive medical facilities to provide appropriate assistance on site.
The Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Ward is located on the same floor as the Maternity Ward, so mums are always close to their babies.
Babies born prematurely or requiring specialist care are provided care in our Neonatal Intensive Care Ward which is equipped with the following:
- incubators, including a transport incubator
- multifunctional respirators for mechanical breathing with a high-frequency ventilation option
- SIPAP Infant Flow – the system to support breathing in neonates by a non-invasive method
- portable X-ray machine
- mobile ultrasound scanner with colour Doppler
We also promote kangaroo care – a technique of newborn care where babies are kept chest-to-chest and skin-to-skin with a mum or dad. Babies who get kangaroo care grow and develop faster.
The Department participates in a hearing screening programme for newborns aimed at early detection of hearing problems. We cooperate with other Wards as far as cardiological and surgical consultations are concerned.
Diagnostic tests/examinations play a great role in the diagnosis of diseases and further treatment. Young patients are particularly sensitive, so all diagnostic tests/examinations and neonatal care consultations take place in the Ward. Newborns diagnosed with birth defects are referred for further treatment in reference centres.
Profile of activity
- Neonatology Department
– Healthy newborns with mums in the rooming-in system
- Neonatal Care Unit
– Jaundice – phototherapy
– Birth and acquired infections
- Neonatal Intensive Care Ward
– Respiratory failure
– Newborns with birth defects requiring stabilisation and diagnostic tests/examinations before they are transferred to specialist units
- state-of-the-art equipment
- professional and experienced medical staff providing continuous 24-hour care