The examination is performed with the use of a transvaginal probe, secured each time with a latex
protection covered with gel. This examination can evaluate the organs of the small pelvis (generative
organ and the mucous membrane of the uterus, uterine body, cervix, ovaries, rectouterine pouch).
Urinary bladder should be emptied.
Deadline for completing the examination
- Patients of child-bearing age: the examination is performed preferably from 5 to 10 day of the menstrual cycle
- Patients of postmenopausal age taking HRT: 6–10 days after taking the last tablet
- Patients of postmenopausal age taking sequential HRT: until 10th day of the menstrual cycle
- Patients of postmenopausal age taking continuous HRT: no specific date for the examination
- The appropriate date for the examination can also be specified by the attending gynaecologist