The Department of Internal Medicine at Medicover Hospital, headed by Paweł Derejko MD PhD and Mieczysław Kopacz MD PhD provides access to a wide range of medical services, with particular emphasis on the diagnosis and treatment of internal diseases.
We are part of a modern, private, multi-specialist hospital with advanced medical equipment and a modern intensive care unit. We provide the highest quality of medical services and safety at every stage of diagnostics and treatment. Admissions to the department take place without unnecessary waiting, and patients are ensured professional care throughout their stay.
The Department works closely with the hospital’s Diagnostics Centre, which provides modern, multi-specialty laboratory and imaging tests. The SYNEVO laboratory, operating on hospital premises, performs a wide range of specialist tests, including genetic testing. We have state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment for X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography.
Patients can be monitored continuously both through wireless telemetry methods (offered by only a few centres in Poland) and under strict supervision.
The team of doctors led by Mieczysław Kopacz MD PhD include internal medicine specialists, cardiologists and an endocrinologist. Diagnostic and treatment processes are consulted, if necessary, with specialists from other hospital departments, including urology, surgery, ENT, and gynaecology.
We have a modern Endoscopic Laboratory in which we perform all procedures of the gastrointestinal tract (gastroscopy, colonoscopy) and bronchial tree (bronchoscopy). The hospital also provides respiratory disease diagnostics in the Spirometry Laboratory.
The Department has over 30 beds in high standard rooms. Patients can stay in comfortable single or double rooms, as well as family rooms and apartments.
The Internal Medicine Department offers services to patients who:
- are seeking professional help but have to wait too long to be admitted to a public hospital
- want to ensure their parents get the best medical care possible
- need fast and professional diagnostics
The Department of Internal Medicine provides timely and comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of internal diseases, including:
- heart and circulatory system diseases
- gastrointestinal diseases
- metabolic diseases
- certain haematological diseases, e.g. anaemia
- respiratory diseases
- some neurological diseases
- sleep apnoea
- old age diseases
- haematological diseases
Sample services provided
Diagnostics and treatment of lower respiratory tract infections - from 7 to 12 days of stay:
- exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
As well as other respiratory infections and bronchial asthma - from 3 to 7 days of stay
Diagnostics and treatment of the digestive system - from 4 to 6 days of stay:
- diarrhoea and gastroenteritis of probable infectious origin
- acute pancreatitis
- nausea and vomiting
- stomach pain
Circulatory system - from 3 to 4 days of stay:
- hypertension - selection of drugs, full diagnosis of secondary forms
- Atrial fibrillation and flutter and other cardiac arrhythmias - diagnostics, conservative treatment and qualification for surgical treatment (ablation, pacemaker implantation)
- coronary artery disease - non-invasive and invasive diagnostics, qualification for conservative or interventional treatment (percutaneous and/or surgical)
- chest pain - diagnostics
Urinary system - from 4 to 7 days of stay.
The Department of Internal Medicine has extensive experience in caring for the elderly, who find it particularly difficult to receive proper medical care when health problems arise due to the progression of an existing disease or the appearance of a new one. This applies to the following situations:
- deterioration of health for unknown reasons
- abnormal blood test results - impossible to explain on an outpatient basis (no tests available, difficulties for patients to get to the facility for testing by themselves)
- a newly diagnosed condition whose treatment exceeds the possibilities of outpatient care
During the screening visit the doctor will discuss your health condition and inform you about the treatment methods and possible risks associated with the treatment. Together, you will decide on the necessary tests, procedures and hospitalisation.
You can make an appointment for a screening visit with a specialist of your choice at the Medicover Hospital Consultation Centre by calling 500 500 900.
Please bring with you any previous test results and a referral to the hospital (if you have one).