Not every disease can be prevented or easily diagnosed. In such cases, it is crucial that patients have quick access to full diagnostic tests, modern equipment and the best doctors.
This is exactly what our Department of Internal Medicine, the only private internal medicine ward in Warsaw, provides. Patients are admitted here day and night, without any need to wait or show any referrals.
The Department of Internal Medicine specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of internal diseases, especially with respect to:
- the gastrointestinal tract – diseases affecting oesophagus, stomach and duodenum, liver and biliary tract, pancreas, small and large bowel, including rectum;
- endocrinology – metabolic disorders, such as obesity, diabetes, thyroid and adrenal gland diseases"
- haematology – diagnosis and treatment of anaemia;
- pulmonary medicine- lung and respiratory tract diseases e.g. asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, allergies, sleep apnoea; urinary system diseases - urinary tract infections, renal lithiasis.
Close cooperation with the hospital Diagnostic Centre makes it possible to perform highly specialist, non-invasive diagnostic tests:
- Endoscopy Unit – procedures within the scope of the alimentary tract (gastroscopy, colonoscopy) and bronchial tree (bronchoscopy);
- Spirometry Unit – diagnosis of respiratory system diseases;
- Radiology Unit – X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging;
- Ultrasonography unit – tomography, ultrasonography, Doppler ultrasound, Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS);
- Polysomnography Unit
SYNEVO Diagnostic Laboratory, located in the Medicover Hospital, performs a wide range of diagnostic tests, including genetic testing, and ensures quick access to test results.