About the Clinic
The Cardiology Clinic, thanks to qualified staff and the use of state-of-the-art equipment, ensures early diagnosis and provides comprehensive treatment of patients with cardiovascular diseases – complex cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders (including electrical storm), unstable coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction and cardiac failure.
The Clinic provides services under the contract with the National Health Fund and 24-hour myocardial infarction emergency services.
There is a modern Haemodynamics Unit, Electrophysiology Unit and a 10-bed Intensive Cardiac Care Unit for patients after cardiac surgery requiring intensive monitoring.
Qualification and preparation for cardiac procedures:
- In the Electrophysiology Unit:
- ablation to treat cardiac arrhythmias (AF, AFL, SVT, AT, AVNRT, AVRT, VEBs and VT)
- electrophysiological study
- implantation of cardiac pacemakers (DDD and VVI) and Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy (CRT) devices
- implantation of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect (ASD and PFO)
- percutaneous left atrial appendage occlusion
- In the Haemodynamics Unit:
- coronary angiography (including FFR)
- coronary angioplasty (PTCA/stenting and rotablation)
- In the Echocardiography Unit:
- transthoracic echocardiography (2D, strain and TDI)
- transesophageal echocardiography (under general anaesthetic, 3D)
- intraoperative echocardiography
Why is it worth choosing the Cardiology Clinic of the Medicover Hospital?
- patient safety is monitored in the Ward by a team of specialist doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and medical assistants
- we have our own Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU – 10 beds) with a haemodynamics doctor on duty around the clock
- at the Hospital, we closely cooperate with the Cardiac Surgery Clinic and the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). We also consult specialists from other Wards of the Hospital
- we are one of the most dynamic and experienced electrophysiology centres in Poland performing ablation procedures to treat cardiac arrhythmias. Our electrophysiologists, who were educated in leading Polish and European centres, have many years of experience. We perform the procedures with the use of radio frequency (RF) current and (site and balloon) cryoablation. We also use state-of-the-art intracardiac navigation systems – CARTO 3 and EnSite Precision
- we treat all types of cardiac arrhythmias, including the most complex ones such as bundle branch block (parahisian) tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia (intracardiac and extracardiac access)
- we provide 24-hour myocardial infarction emergency services and perform urgent coronary angiography and revascularisation procedures
- we implant and provide outpatient services to patients with pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). We replace used devices. Procedures are available commercially and under the contract with the National Health Fund
- pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) implanted at our Hospital allow us to perform magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on the patient in the future
- we have comprehensive diagnostic facilities, including computed tomography scanner, magnetic resonance imaging, endoscopy unit and analytical laboratory
- we are committed to quality – we are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001 (information security) certified and have the Ministry of Health’s accreditation awarded by the Health Care Quality Monitoring Centre. We have the “Szpital bez bólu” [“Hospital without pain”] certificate awarded by the Polish Association for the Study of Pain – it confirms that we meet defined quality standards in the treatment of postoperative and chronic pain
- we co-organise international workshops for doctors and educate medicine and nursing students
- we conduct scientific research