What do you gain by undergoing this test?
- An assessment of the risk of developing prostate cancer with the use of the latest methods and in accordance with the best standards.
- An analysis of all 5 genes increasing the risk of developing the disease.
- An individual plan of preventive care and early detection of prostate cancer.
- Credibility and professionalism: unlike other companies operating on the market, we offer blood-based tests and a reliable description of the results by a physician. You do not have to take a sample from your cheek by yourself and you are not left on your own with the results.
- Security: we know that the data concerning your genetic material are sensitive medical information and this is why we take care of their proper protection. Samples are examined in a laboratory in Warszawa. As a result, we control them at each stage: from collection to disposal after the analysis.
- the genetic test is carried out using the latest methods of DNA analysis (Next Generation Sequencing, NGS), which guarantees high accuracy and reliability,
- the clinical data, data related to family history and results of the tests are assessed by a team of specialists,
- an internist consultation,
- an individual preventive care plan based on the assessment of the risk of developing cancer.
The genetic predisposition test is recommended particularly to those who:
- have a family history of prostate cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, pancreas cancer or colorectal cancer,
- have a family history of confirmed genetic mutations of any of the following genes: BRCA1, BRCA2, CHEK2, NBN or TP53,
- want to detect their genetic predispositions in order to undertake early preventive care.
Undergo a genetic predisposition test for prostate cancer.
Check if you are at risk.
- The test takes 2 visits at the Medicover Centre to complete.
- Before your visit to the Medicover Centre, fill in the Patient Questionnaire, i.e. a detailed questionnaire concerning your family history of cancer. You will receive the questionnaire by e-mail along with the purchase confirmation. Bring the questionnaire with you to your first visit at the Medicover Centre.
- During your first visit, you will have your blood collected. Then, the results of the blood test and the questionnaire will be assessed by a specialist in genetic diagnostics, whose opinion and recommendations will be sent to the Medicover Centre.
- During your second visit to the Medicover Centre, you will see a general practitioner who will discuss with you the results of the test and the resulting recommendations. The physician will also discuss with you your individual plan of preventive care and early detection of prostate cancer, taking into account your life plans.
The period of validity of the test: 3 months from the date indicated in the order confirmation.
You can have the test performed at the Jerozolimskie Medicover Centre.
Prostate cancer is the second most frequent cancer occurring in men in our country. Approx. 9,000 cases of this cancer are detected per year. Scientists estimate that the risk of developing this cancer is 12% in men without genetic predisposition and 16–39% in men with an inherited mutation, which is most often found in the BRCA1 gene and can cause prostate cancer in men. In total, there are 5 genes related to prostate cancer.
Experts assess that there are approx. 100,000 male carriers of the BRCA1 gene mutation and more or less the same number of female carriers in Poland. Presence of a mutation does not mean inevitable development of prostate cancer as there are also other factors that have a significant impact on cancer development such as obesity. If you know about your genetic predispositions, you can take informed decisions about preventive care and other actions decreasing the risk of developing the disease.