What do you gain by undergoing this test?
- An assessment of the risk of developing colorectal cancer with the use of the latest methods and in accordance with the best standards.
- The most extensive genetic test for genetic predisposition to colorectal cancer.
- An analysis of 25 genes increasing the risk of developing the disease.
- An individual plan of preventive care and early detection of colorectal cancer.
- Credibility and professionalism: unlike other companies operating on the market, we offer blood-based tests and a reliable description of the results by a physician. You do not have to take a sample from your cheek by yourself and you are not left on your own with the results.
- Security: we know that the data concerning your genetic material are sensitive medical information and this is why we take care of their proper protection. Samples are examined in a laboratory in Warszawa. As a result, we control them at each stage: from collection to disposal after the analysis.
- the genetic test is carried out using the latest methods of DNA analysis (Next Generation Sequencing, NGS), which guarantees high accuracy and reliability,
- the clinical data, data related to family history and results of the tests are assessed by a team of specialists,
- an internist consultation,
- an individual preventive care plan based on the assessment of the risk of developing cancer.
The genetic predisposition test is recommended particularly to those who:
- have a family history of colorectal cancer, especially before the age of 40,
- have a family history of genetic mutations responsible for the development of colorectal cancer,
- want to detect their genetic predispositions in order to undertake early preventive care.
Undergo a genetic test for colorectal cancer.
Check if you are at risk.
The test takes two visits at the Medicover Centre to complete.
- Before your visit to the Medicover Centre, fill in the Patient Questionnaire, i.e. a detailed questionnaire concerning your family history of cancer. You will receive the questionnaire by e-mail along with the purchase confirmation. Bring the questionnaire with you to your first visit at the Medicover Centre.
- During your first visit, you will have your blood collected. Then, the results of the blood test and the questionnaire will be assessed by a specialist in genetic diagnostics, whose opinion and recommendations will be sent to the Medicover Centre.
- During your second visit to the Medicover Centre, you will see a general practitioner who will discuss with you the results of test and the resulting recommendations. The physician will also discuss with you your individual plan of preventive care and early detection of colorectal cancer, taking into account your life plans.
The period of validity of the test: 3 months from the date indicated in the order confirmation.
You can have the test performed at Jerozolimskie Medicover Centre.
Colorectal cancer affects approx. 16,000 Poles every year. Colorectal cancer is the second most frequent cancer in women and third most frequent in men. Colorectal cancer may give no symptoms for many years and, as a result, it is often diagnosed at an advanced stage. Over 10% of colorectal cancer cases have genetic origins. Presence of a mutation does not mean inevitable development of colorectal cancer, but it significantly increases the risk of its development during the entire life. If you have a family history of colorectal cancer or confirmed mutation of any of the genes, you should check whether you inherited the genes responsible for the disease or not. If you know about your genetic predispositions, you can take informed decisions about preventive actions decreasing the risk of developing the disease.