What do you gain by undergoing this test?
- An assessment of the risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer with the use of the latest methods and in accordance with the best standards.
- An analysis of 25 genes increasing the risk of developing the disease.
- An individual plan of preventive care and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Credibility and professionalism: unlike other companies operating on the market, we offer blood-based tests and a reliable description of the results by a physician. You do not have to take a sample from your cheek by yourself and you are not left on your own with the results.
- Security: we know that the data concerning your genetic material are sensitive medical information and this is why we take care of their proper protection. Samples are examined in a laboratory in Warszawa. As a result, we control them at each stage: from collection to disposal after the analysis.
- the genetic test is carried out using the latest methods of DNA analysis (Next Generation Sequencing, NGS), which guarantees high accuracy and reliability,
- the clinical data, data related to family history and results of the tests are assessed by a team of specialists,
- a gynaecologist consultation,
- an individual preventive care plan based on the assessment of the risk of developing cancer.
The genetic predisposition test is recommended particularly to those who:
- have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer,
- have a family history of confirmed mutations of the BRCA gene,
- want to detect their genetic predispositions in order to undertake early preventive care and take informed family planning decisions.
Undergo a genetic predisposition test for breast and ovarian cancer.
Check if you are at risk.
- The test takes two visits at the Medicover Centre to complete.
- Before your visit to the Medicover Centre, fill in the Patient Questionnaire, i.e. a detailed questionnaire concerning your family history of cancer. You will receive the questionnaire by e-mail along with the purchase confirmation. Bring the questionnaire with you to your first visit at the Medicover Centre.
- During your first visit, you will have your blood collected. Then, the results of the blood test and the questionnaire will be assessed by a specialist in genetic diagnostics, whose opinion and recommendations will be sent to the Medicover Centre.
- During your second visit to the Medicover Centre, you will see a gynaecologist who will discuss with you the results of the testand the resulting recommendations. The physician will also discuss with you your individual plan of preventive care and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer, taking into account your life plans.
The period of validity of the test: 3 months from the date indicated in the order confirmation.
You can have the test performed at the Jerozolimskie Medicover Centre.
Experts assess that there are approx. 100,000 female carriers of BRCA1 gene mutation and more or less the same number of male carriers in Poland. Presence of a mutation does not mean inevitable development of breast cancer or ovarian cancer, but it significantly increases the risk of its development during theentire life. There are also other factors that influence the development of cancer. Some of them increase the risk, such as smoking; others decrease it, such as long period of breast-feeding. If you know about your genetic predispositions, you can take informed decisions about preventive care and other actions decreasing the risk of developing the disease.