Do you jog, swim, ride a bike, play football or attend fitness classes? Or perhaps you only plan to make your lifestyle healthier and start to get active? It does not matter what type of physical activity you are involved in or plan to take up. It is worth practicing each sport in a safe manner.
o address the needs of people who practice amateur sports and those who are planning to take up physical activities, Medicover has prepared a comprehensive assessment programme for the cardiovascular and locomotor systems - the “For Active Individuals” Medical Check-Up.
- you have already taken up sport but are unsure if the effort you make is appropriate
- you experience discomfort during or after exercise and you occasionally sustain injuries or strains
- you feel generally healthy but you have not been involved in any kind of physical activity so far
- your physician ordered a health training due to your hypertension or coronary heart disease but you don’t know how to begin exercising
- you suffer from chronic diseases and worry that physical activity might not be for you
The “For Active Individuals” Medical Check-Up is an ideal offer for you.
For your convenience, the provision of services within a medical check-up is coordinated - all the tests and consultations can be fulfilled during only two appointments at a Medicover Centre.
- You will learn about the condition of your heart and the locomotor system
- You will learn about the level of exercise recommended for you
- You will be instructed on how to avoid strains and injuries
- You will gain knowledge about the condition of your body, which will allow you to select an optimum and safe form of exercise for you
- You will receive a medical opinion on the absence of contraindications for amateur sports
Check-up validity period: 3 months from the date indicated in the order confirmation.
You can have your check-up at one of the following Medicover Centres:
- Warszawa: Aleje Jerozolimskie Medicover Centre
- Łódź: Piłsudskiego Medicover Centre
- Gdańsk: Grunwaldzka Medicover Centre
- Poznań: Malta Medicover Centre
- Wrocław: Strzegomska Medicover Centre
- Katowice: Graniczna Medicover Centre
Scope of the check-up:
- urine tests
- blood test:
- complete blood count
- lipidogram (LDL, HDL, cholesterol, triglycerides)
- creatinine – assessment of renal function
- resting electrocardiogram (ECG)
- cardiological consultation to assess the test results and recommend a suitable frequency and type of physical exercise
- consultation by a physiotherapist who assesses your locomotor system and instructs you on how to avoid strains and injuries while practicing sports