How to schedule an appointment for vaccination?
- First, please log in to the Medicover OnLine app.
- In the search engine on the home page, select your city and the required service by entering “Adult vaccinations – flu” or “Children vaccinations – flu”.
- Go to “Face to face appointment”, select “Flu vaccination” and make an appointment.
Why is it advisable to get a flu vaccination?
Another infection season is approaching. The first cases of respiratory infections have recently been appearing earlier than usual. They are often accompanied by coinfections, which lead to a longer and more severe illness.
It is important to remember that there are effective ways to prevent infections and to reduce the risk of severe illness and complications. These days, the most efficient method of combating infectious diseases is vaccination.
We encourage all Medicover patients to prepare for the upcoming infection season and get vaccinated against influenza and also against pertussis (whooping cough) and the pneumococcal disease*.
*To register for any vaccination other than that against influenza at Medicover OnLine, select “Vaccinations other than flu” in the search engine and make an “Face to face appointment”.
- protects you from hospitalisation and medical visits during the infection season;
- reduces the severity of the symptoms of the disease in people who have contracted it despite vaccination;
- reduces the time of illness and recovery;
- is an important preventive tool, especially for people suffering from certain chronic conditions, in particular heart diseases, lung diseases (e.g. COPD) or diabetes, the severity of which increases in the event of contracting influenza;
- in the case of pregnant women, helps protect the baby from influenza for several months after birth, i.e. during the period when the child is too young to be vaccinated;
- can also protect those around you who are at higher risk of severe influenza, such as newborns, young children, the elderly and people suffering from certain chronic conditions.
The Medicover Team