New rules of occupational medicine examinations:
- Periodic examinations - the obligation to perform periodic examinations has been suspended*
However, the employer is obliged to issue a referral for a periodic examination in accordance with the expiry date of the current referral, and the employee is obliged to carry out this examination within no more than 60 days of the cancellation of the state of epidemic.
- In connection with the Act amended on 31 March 2020 and becoming effective now, the existing occupational medicine periodic certificates remain valid. An employee should perform a periodic examination only after the end of the state of epidemic and has 60 days from the time of the cancellation of the state of epidemic to do so,
- Given the health safety of your employees and the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in terms of preventive medical consultations and non-urgent visits, we would like to inform you that previously booked appointments for periodic examinations will be cancelled.
- Taking into account the recommendations specified above, we suspend the possibility of making appointments for periodic occupational medicine examinations as of 02 April 2020.
- Preliminary and control examinations are available as usual. At Medicover, these examinations are continuously carried out as usual.
- Option for preliminary and control examinations to be carried out by different doctors – this is allowed by the act. If the doctor who is entitled to perform the initial or follow-up examination is not available, the examination may be performed by another doctor. This doctor may also issue a relevant medical certificate that is valid for 30 days from the date of cancellation of the state of epidemic.
- Performance of preliminary and control examinations remotely – this is allowed by the act. We are working on the implementation of a solution that will be consistent with the recommendations of the Minister of Health and the National Consultant for Occupational Medicine.
- Sending scanned referrals for occupational medicine examinations – this option is extended until further notice. In order to ensure greater comfort and quality of service, we extend the possibility of sending scanned referrals for occupational medicine examinations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The suspension of the obligation to perform the examinations applies to:
- periodic examinations;
- medical and psychological examinations of drivers performing road transport work in accordance with the Road Transport Act;
- periodic medical and psychological examinations of train drivers in accordance with the Railway Transport Law.