Pneumococcus, whooping cough - important information
The most common disease caused by pneumococcus is pneumococcal pneumonia. Incorrectly treated, it can lead to serious complications, and even lung failure.
Whooping cough is an acute contagious respiratory disease. It is especially severe in infants and young children, with the risk of complications such as inflammation and lung damage. Whooping cough is also dangerous for adults and can lead to prolonged bouts of coughing and respiratory distress.
We recommend vaccination to all patients, in particular:
- people over 50 years of age;
- pregnant women;
- people suffering from chronic diseases, e.g. cardiovascular diseases, diabetes.
Why is it worth getting vaccinated?
Make an appointment for a vaccination:
- by telephone at +48 500 900 500;
- via the Medicover OnLine app (after selecting "Make an appointment", drop-down options will appear. Select INTERNIST and then the VACCINATIONS option);
- at a centre’s reception desk.
How to get access to Medicover OnLine?
If you do not have access to the Medicover OnLine app yet, you can get it in a few simple steps:
- a) via a secure online banking system(currently: PKO BP, Pekao S.A. and ING Bank Śląski, other large banks will soon be added)*
- Go to mol.medicover.pl and click on "Collect password".
- Have your Medicover card number and PESEL number ready.
- Follow the instructions – accept the terms and conditions.
- Select your bank.
- Once on your bank's website, go through the process of confirming your identity.
- Create a password and log in to Medicover OnLine at mol.medicover.pl.
- b) at the Medicover Centre reception desk
To ensure the security of your medical data, it is not possible to collect a password for your family or friends. Passwords are not disclosed to third parties (even if authorised).