Frequent infections in children, recurring headache and stomach ache or swollen lymph nodes are symptoms that keep parents up at night. When they intensify, we seek help from a doctor.
This is usually the beginning of a long journey – many visits and tests/examinations that the child must undergo.
At Medicover Hospital, we quickly deal with the health problems of the youngest patients without exposing them to unnecessary stress.
The Children’s Department of the Medicover Hospital is available day and night, 7 days a week.
In the Children’s Department, we treat most diseases and conditions in children, including respiratory, gastrointestinal and urinary tract infections. We also specialise in the treatment and diagnosis of allergies, eating disorders, neurological diseases and fever.
Our team of doctors is constantly learning and acquiring new skills, e.g. as far as ultrasound examinations in children are concerned.
We also provide services under health insurance, including Henner, Bupa, MSH International, Euro Center, Tricare, GBG.
In the Department, we perform diagnostic imaging and provide the following services:
- Paediatric surgery
- Paediatric laryngology
- Paediatric urology
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Spermatic cord hydrocele and/or hydrocele testis
- Diagnostic packages for children
We have also expanded the Medicover Hospital’s offer to include vaccination of children with allergies in the hospital setting. During mandatory vaccinations, anaphylaxis can occur which poses a serious threat to the child. Vaccination in hospital ensures full safety and medical control.
The Children’s Department of the Medicover Hospital offers not only the care of doctors and nurses, but also a partnership approach to the parents who can be with their sick child all the time and are fully informed about their treatment.
The child’s hospital stay duration is kept to a minimum. Sometimes a 24-hour monitoring, hydration or intravenous administration of medicines improve health and the child can continue their treatment at home – this reduces stress for parents and child.
Why is it worth choosing the Paediatrics Department of the Medicover Hospital?
- patients are admitted day and night, 7 days a week, including holidays
- we offer quick and comprehensive laboratory diagnostic tests and imaging
- professional care provided by a multi-specialist team of doctors
- immediate help, you do not have to wait in line
- medical safety
- comfortable conditions for the child and parent – double rooms with a bathroom and a folding chair for the parent and family rooms with an extra bed, bathroom and full board for the person accompanying the child