The palm of a hand is a very important part of the human body, which we use to perform almost every activity. It's injury can change the way we live on a daily basis.
Our hand is a precise system of bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons which can easily sustain injury. The most common hand injuries are bone fractures and injuries resulting in nerve and joint damage. Injuries of the nerves and joints cause pain and take long to recover to full physical fitness.
Nerve damage can also result from neuritis or degenerative changes of the nerves, as in the case of the so-called carpal tunnel syndrome. The remaining symptoms of this injury include tingling in the wrist and the area of the thumb, index and middle fingers, impeded fist clenching and weakened grip.
If you sustained an injury, which limits your hand mobility or if as a result of an injury a joint or a tendon of your hand needs surgery, Medicover Hospital or Rehasport Clinic – orthopedists and physiotherapists center is an excellent choice.
We perform the following procedures:
- Treatment of hand injuries (fractures, dislocations, tendon, vessel and nerve damage, revascularisation and microsurgical replantation in adults)
- Treatment of post-injury complications (pseudarthrosis, secondary deformations and contractures of fingers, post-injury and post-burn scars, disorders of functions of flexor and extensor tendons)
- Treatment of connective tissue diseases (Dupuytren's contracture, De Quervain syndrome, stenosing tenosynovitis – trigger finger, ganglion cyst)
- Treatment of nerve compression syndrome (carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, Guyon's canal syndrome)
- Treatment of complications after injuries of brachial plexus and peripheral nerves
An answer to this search, among other methods, is treatment with so-called growth factors or treatment using stem cells.
In many orthopaedic conditions, periarticular nerve blocks are still widely indicated.
Growth factors may be used as supportive measures in the surgical treatment of bone fractures, in knee ligament reconstruction, or during reconstruction of a torn Achilles' tendon, for instance.
In the outpatient setting, patients are given growth factors mainly in degenerative and strain-induced changes of soft tissues (tendons and muscles in particular) and for joint problems. The whole procedure is carried out under ultrasound guidance. The product reaches precisely the affected site, so it gets to exactly where it is needed.
Price from PLN 1,500
Treatment with Orthokine® involves administration of a product prepared from the patient's blood. The blood, after collection, is incubated at 37 degrees Celsius. During the process, the blood cells form protective proteins with anti-inflammatory properties. Then the serum with the protective proteins is separated from the blood clot and injected between 1 and 3 times a week into the affected site to suppress the inflammation and stimulate tissue regeneration.
The Orthokine® treatment is used in osteoarthritis, back pain, Achilles' tendinopathy and other cases.
Price from PLN 1,800
Viscosupplementation involves intra-articular supplementation with hyaluronic acid. The treatment increases the viscosity and elasticity of the synovial fluid, it nurtures and increases the "slippery" nature of the joint cartilage, increasing its lubricative properties, thus decreasing pain and improving mobility of the joint.
Price from PLN 150
Periarticular nerve blocks are performed in patients with inflammation of the synovial bursae and in patients with tendon strains. The aim is to eliminate or decrease the pain and inflammation in these structures.
The treatment involves injecting a product with anaesthetic and analgesic properties into the affected structures around the joint, such as the tendons, ligaments, muscles, synovial bursae and joint capsules.
Price from PLN 120
- Joints — shoulder joint, ulnar joint, wrist, hand joints, hip joint joints: knee joint, ankle joint, foot joints
- Upper and lower limb tendons, e.g. hand tendons, Achilles' tendon
- Nerves — median nerve (carpal tunnel syndrome), ulnar nerve, radial nerve, sciatic nerve and other nerves
- Other structures – soft tissues of the upper and lower limbs
Ultrasound scan price from PLN 150