Comprehensive diagnostics allows for timely diagnosis and effective treatment of deficiency anaemias, autoimmune syndromes, bone marrow and lymphatic system diseases, including: lymphomas, leukaemias, myelodysplastic syndromes and myeloproliferative disorders.
Some haematological diseases - hypercoagulation (thrombophilia) are diagnosed by offering our patients specially created diagnostic packages, such as diagnostics of risk factors for thrombophilia.
Thrombophilia (hypercoagulation) is a tendency to develop blood clots, less often arterial clots, caused by congenital (genetically conditioned) or acquired factors. Clinically, it may manifest itself as deep vein thrombosis of the lower limbs, pulmonary embolism, stroke, myocardial infarction, or portal vein thrombosis. It can also cause miscarriages and other obstetric disorders. Diagnosis of thrombophilia is very important because proper and early prevention often helps prevent life-threatening recurrences.
Indications for thrombophilia diagnostics
- Thrombosis in patients under 50 years of age, with no classic risk factors for venous thromboembolism
- Thrombosis in atypical location (e.g. in an abdominal or CNS vein),
- Thrombosis in patients with similar medical conditions in the family (first degree of relatedness).
- Recurrent thrombosis (at least 2 episodes)
- Multiple miscarriages (at least 2), preeclampsia, placental abruption a, IUGR (intrauterine growth retardation), intrauterine foetal death,
- Pregnancy planned by women with family history of thrombophilia.
- Pregnancy planned by women with connective tissue disease.
- Skin necrosis while taking oral anticoagulants.
The relative indications for thrombophilia diagnostics include:
- Thrombosis during pregnancy
- Thrombosis while taking oral contraception or hormone replacement therapy
- Screening of asymptomatic family members with diagnosed thrombophilia
Risk factors for venous thromboembolism:
- long-distance travel with minimal movement
- surgical procedure
- immobilization (e.g. plaster cast)
- presence of central venous catheters, etc.
- hormonal contraception, HRT
Price of "Diagnostics of risk factors for thromboembolic disease" package: PLN 3,000.
The price includes 2 medical consultations, ultrasound - lower limb Doppler, a set of laboratory tests for screening congenital risk factors:
- Factor V Leiden mutation
- mutation of the prothrombin G20210A gene
- protein C deficiency
- protein S deficiency
- antithrombin deficiency (AT)
- MTHFR mutation
- PAI-1 4G / 5G mutation
- factor VIII
and acquired risk factors:
- lupus anticoagulant
- anticardiolipin antibodies
- beta2GP1 antibodies
Tests should be performed at least 3 months after an episode of thrombosis.
We invite all those interested in this type of diagnostics to see Doctor Elżbieta Kisiel for a consultation.