Medicover Hospital has now expanded its services to include consultation and diagnostic services in haematology. The consultations and diagnostic services are conducted by Elżbieta Kisiel, MD, PhD, specialist in internal medicine and haematology.
All the necessary tests are performed within one day, without the need for any additional referrals.
We establish the underlying causes of the following haematological problems:
- anaemia (low red blood cell count / low haemoglobin),
- thrombocytopenia (low platelet count),
- leukopenia (low white blood cell count) and leukocytosis (high white blood cell count),
- lymphadenopathy (enlarged lymph nodes),
- splenomegaly (enlarged spleen),
- immunodeficiencies (decreased body defences).
We perform comprehensive diagnostic tests, such as:
- a full range of blood tests,
- imaging studies (ultrasound, CT, MRI),
- molecular tests (BCR/ABL, JAK2 V617F mutation),
- bone marrow aspiration,
- trephine bone marrow biopsy,
- lymph node biopsy.
This comprehensive evaluation allows us to rapidly establish the diagnosis and initiate effective treatment in deficiency anaemias, autoimmune disorders, bone marrow disorders and lymphatic system disorders, including lymphomas, leukaemias, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and my eloproliferative syndromes (MPS).
If you are interested in undergoing diagnostic evaluation in this area, you are welcome to make an appointment with Dr Elżbieta Kisiel.